There has been a Baptist Church in Crewkerne since 1820, when a group of local Christians began to worship together in the building that was the church hall. The church was extended in 1830 and 1880, and the school rooms were added in 1932.
In 2010-11, the church sanctuary area was renovated completely, providing a multi-purpose area, new office, quiet room, servery and disabled toilet, with enhancement of the forecourt area of the buildings.
There was a Baptist place of worship in Misterton until 2016, when the Chapel was closed. We still maintain contacts in the village, most recently with a Shade and Shelter Marquee serving refreshments and providing activities at the Village Fete.